Friday, December 2, 2011

What Now?!?

Soooo....
    I have heard of the random joys that come with having all decorations up and shopping done and wrapped before December 1st but have never experienced it. Until now. Barring any last minute school gift or charitable contribution I am done. I sat back Monday afternoon and thought what do I do now. For the past 15 years I have spent the month of December like everyone else, scrambling around during my "free" time to get all shopping done just in time to get it wrapped and under the tree. All this so my family could tear off the paper less than 24 hours later. But this year is different so what now?
    Since I have spent most of my adult life in jobs that involve me working the holidays away I was at a loss in this question. Being a real estate agent doesn't exactly fill the month of an abundance of listing presentations, showings and closings. With my husband, Josh, working funtastic hours we can't exactly take a "holiday". The countless times I have to pick up random toys and keep my 2year old Peyton out of the tree... and the dog food... and the other various things he knows not to touch but he does anyway still doesn't fill the time. So I have micro managed December...
    In an effort to continue to get better at real estate I have enrolled in various classes and plan to spend twice the time prospecting. What better time to reconnect with people than during the holidays!
    Most importantly... I plan to do something with my family every day for Christmas. Be it as simple as a one house feature of Santa Clause is Coming to Town or as magical as Christmas morning and the look in Peyton's eyes when he sees that Santa did show even after the numerous tantrums. I hope to be disciplined enough to share these adventures with everyone  and give everyone else ideas to do with their families. Because what is Christmas if we get lost in the buying and wrapping and forget it is all about the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ and sharing the joy he brought with family. All of you more experienced parents, feel free to offer suggestions of activities since I am new at this. I hope everyone enjoys this time and takes a step back to not be stressed and enjoy what the season is all about. most of all...
MERRY CHRISTMAS

No comments:

Post a Comment